Friday, November 7, 2008

I Said Sit Still!

Dear Chocolate Kisses, Usually by Thursday evening I know the topic that the Lord wants me to share in the pieces of chocolate. However, that wasn’t the case this week. I had no epiphany, no recurring theme in my own life to draw from for the lesson. I asked and waited. So finally in His timing, not mine, I heard His voice in my heart saying this week’s message. Short yet profound. “Be still and know that I am God” I said “ok Lord anything else?” And in an image in my mind I could see Him giving me one of His “parenting looks” saying “Nope, just be still and know that I am God”. I say “ok, what am I supposed to do with that?” Alright, I understand. I’m not supposed to DO anything! I’m just supposed to be “still” and see Him do whatever he wants to do! I could hear myself saying to my son, “Jackson, sit still.” He’d wiggle his little body like a wet noodle and again I’d say “Jax, Mommy wants you to sit still!” Now he’s not quite 3 so you can understand that any toddler would have a really challenging time sitting still. Crud- sometimes I have a hard time sitting still. Anyway, as I think of sitting still I think of the various advantages. Protection and wisdom in a situation were the top two that I thought of. When I mentally “sit still” I don’t make rash decisions. When I sit still I don’t get caught up in what’s going on around me because it’s easier to see the whole picture in a situation from one good vantage point. So like I said, tonight’s devotion is just that…being still long enough to give Him our devotion. So, what are we going to do? Be still and know that He is God. I believe that this verse is especially important for someone to read. “Trust the Lord with all of your heart. Lean not to your own understanding but, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path”. Now sit still! Love you all, Dede

No comments: