Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Flat Line Faith!

Dear Chocolate Brownie Bites, Some of my newest readers don’t know that I am a nurse by trade. Although, you don’t have to go through nursing school to understand what I am about to say. When you watch “House”, “ER”, or any other medical show, you have seen the bitter “flat line” on the heart monitor screen and, you know exactly what it means. You understand that the flat line is a representation of what has ceased in the body. Some time ago I saw this movie called Shallow Hal. Well if you saw the movie you might recollect that the father’s heart monitor was a big part of the opening scene. At first it showed what the medically trained eye sees and identifies as a “normal sinus rhythm”. All that means is that the heart is working just as it’s supposed to. Then, the normal sinus rhythm turns into a flat line. Now, I need to speak very directly. There are some Christians who have been saved for years and the evidence of their faith looks as if it has been flat lined! The Bible says in Matthew 17:20 “You don’t have enough faith”, Jesus told them, (his disciples), “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.” The Bible also says that faith without works is dead in addition to the scripture that states without faith it is impossible to please God. Have you ever stopped and thanked the Lord by saying, “Lord, thanks for only requiring mustard seed faith and not titanic faith”? Listen ladies, mustard seed faith is the minimum requirement! It is supposed to grow into something much more significant! First John 5:4 says “For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith.” In addition, Hebrews 6:11-12 states, “ Our great desire is that you will keep on loving others as long as life lasts, in order to make certain that what you hope for will come true. 12 Then, you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead, you will follow the example of those who are going to inherit God’s promises because of their faith and endurance”. I don’t know about you, but, I loath the idea of thinking that with all of the sacrifice that Jesus gave on my behalf, that the best that I have to offer him is a dull spirit and indifference from the world. Some people think that living according to the world’s standards are living in a normal sinus rhythm. That is not the truth. The people who thrive on “who shows more skin than Brittany” or “How many times celebs are going to get caught with another celebs woman” are dangerously disillusioned. So, here are some very important things that you and I can do to “Jump Start” our faith: 1. Spend time reading the Bible- now, I’m not the type to sit down and read a good page turner. However, each time I read a verse it seems like new! That’s because the Lord continues to illuminate my mind. And because when I read it, it’s been renewed, (made new again), in my mind. 2. Spend time with the Lord. Intentionally say “alright Lord, now it’s our time”. Even if you can commit 10 mins each day, you’d be shocked how things just start to make sense! The Bible says that in His presence there is fullness of joy and at his right hand there are pleasures evermore. My dear Chicas, there is NO WAY that you can spend time in His presence and stay the same! It’s just not possible or even probable. Let’s give the Lord permission to use His “Faith Defibrillator” on our hearts. I’ve decided that I’m going to live a life of loving others, being a “Foot Soulja” of kindness, read my Bible, and spend time with the King, so that I can develop an outrageous faith for the Lord, move monstrous mountains with a spoken word, change into His image, make His sacrifice count for something spectacular, be full of joy, and have pleasures for evermore. Sound good to you? Now let’s get ready for some heart surgery! Love you all like crazy, Dede

No comments: