Friday, May 22, 2009

I wish I had your hair!

Part 1: Personal Investment Subtitle: I wish I had your hair! Hey Girls!! I can’t believe that it’s been since March that I’ve written any chocolates! You know that verse in the Bible that says there’s a season for everything? Well, that’s what’s been going on…a llllllooooonnnnnggggggg season. Anyway, let’s get started. Do you remember a time when you were in the checkout line at whatever store and you saw a magazine with a woman on it that had impeccable hair? You might think like me, “Man, I wish I had her hair”. My hair is either too frizzy, too straight, too short, to dark, to light, or to gray and I have to depend on Ms. Clairol to fix my issue. Don’t worry girls you’re in good company. In our society people suffer with the bondage of having a “comparing” mindset. There are people who compare lifestyles, houses, children, husbands, jobs, clothes, and cars, (just to name a few). Aren’t we glad that God doesn’t compare his children? the King of Kings knows the dangers of having a comparing mentality. Here’s a little reminder: He loves us all the same! There isn’t one person on this earth that has gained his love any more than anyone else. He loves me as much as he loves you! What a relief! Now let’s get down to the nitty gritty. In my past I remember looking at people that God has called to be full time ministers- with such awe and wonder. In one aspect I was looking at them with eyes of respect and compassion for their obedience to serve His people. But in another sense I was looking at them with a wishy mentality thinking, “Wow, look at how God is using that person. Look at their faith, look at how they’re able to say things that pinpoint a problem to see another person be delivered…” And then…the Lord woke me up and said to me that the kind of ministry that the Lord had in mind for that person required a huge amount of a time investment and if I would take responsibility for my own walk, spend time in the Word, spend quality time with Him, that he would show himself to me. Here’s the truth. We are all called to serve Him in everyway that he has intended. The problem is that we’re so busy comparing ourselves to everyone else, that we unintentionally sacrifice our own relationship with Jesus. Stop what your doing. The moment that we choose to give the Lord our attention instead of someone else, will be the moment that we realize that he has chosen to place his attention on us. Amen

No comments: