Friday, September 18, 2009

Needing the "D"

Dear Chocolatiers, Hello, Hello, Hello!! My goodness it seems like it’s been forever since I’ve written…too long. Well, I do have a ton of stories that have occurred in the last few months to last A Piece of Chocolate for quite some time. Let’s get to business! Six days ago my parents went out of town and left me responsible for the farm. Twelve chickens, five goats, two dogs, and one gerbil…(the gerbil is ours…Little Miss Chocolate). Now add a passionate, overactive toddler who has just started pre-school to the mix. I asked my mom, “how am I supposed to milk the goat, collect the eggs, feed and water everyone, get showered, and be at church by 8am for praise band rehearsal?” her reply was, “When I have a lot to do I wake up at 6am.”. Six A M ? Ok, 6am. Then it was starting to sink in…the sick at six disease. You know, it’s when the clock says 6:00am and you’re convinced that you’re so sick you can’t possibly get out of bed; but if you “rest” a little bit longer, you’ll feel so much better. Yeah, that illness. Now step into another situation with me. Last week at school I brought some snacks into class for delightful consumption when the Lord started convicting me about my eating habits. One of my classmates, a boxer, was talking to our teacher about working out and nutrition, and yet I knew that God was using him to speak directly to me. It must have been the chocolate mint milano cookies that gave me away…or maybe it was the bag of cheesy popcorn…or the tgif’s potato skins. Three days later I was at my church’s small group meeting learning about how to achieve and keep financial peace. Something by the way, that I’ve been ignoring until now. Dave Ramsey, the teacher, said that his class on saving finances isn’t one of those get rich quick schemes, it’s a marathon, and it’s going to take discipline. Waking up early, working out each day for a little bit, and saving moolah. Can you see where God was really working in my heart? I always thought that I needed discipline but I was never disciplined enough to become disciplined!! It’s a vicious cycle! However, when the Lord knew that it was time again to refine me, he had all the necessary tools and friends in place so that I could be successful. The Bible says, “My God shall supply all my needs according to his riches in glory.” I always thought that that verse was about money. Nope. It’s about whatever need I have, it will be supplied for. What a relief! God isn’t the kind of god where he’ll tell you, “I want you to be disciplined”, and throw you out on your tukus. With a heart of obedience, I am writing you this chocolate tidbit 4 lbs lighter, and the money that I would have used at a drive through is being invested. As for the goats, I’ve learned that if you accidentally get the dirt ground wet ‘cause you’re trying to keep the flies away, the barn will turn into a commercial size slip-n-slide into poop…not fun…not fun at all. So if there’s an area in your life that you know is an issue to the King, ask him to give you his strength to accomplish his good, pleasing, and perfect will for your life. Amen. Love, Dede

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Dede, been thinking about you. One of the sites I visit is doing an encouragement group for getting eating habits under the Lord's control ~ the leader, Teresa Septusis is in charge of it and it is really great. The website is www.godspeak.net ~
Blessings to you!
Christie