Friday, October 14, 2011

Two Impossible Setups!

Two Impossible! Have you ever been faced with different situations that seemed to be impossible to resolve? I have. My family dynamic has changed, my location has changed, and church planting was something that I never thought the Lord would call me to. I've asked the Lord time and time again, "How could this possibly work out?"! He would speak to me, "Do you trust me?" and I'd give a very contemplated response, "yeah, but do you know what you're doing?"...as if. There is nothing typical about my life...nothing. I always knew that God had something extraordinary planned for me, like all of us should know, but in the last year I have been challenged to epic proportions. I imagine that the two characters I'm about to bring into this story have had conversations like what I've expressed; they would be Zechariah, the father of John, and Mary, the mother of Jesus. Elizabeth was as old and way beyond her child bearing years, Luke 1:7 "Yet, they never had any children because Elizabeth couldn't become pregnant. Both Elizabeth and Zechariah were too old to have children. One day, Gabriel came to him and told him that his wife was going to become pregnant and he doubted Gabriel and so as a result God wouldn't allow him to speak until the day of baby John's 8th day of life. Can you imagine your husband not speaking for 48 days? Now ladies, that's not supposed to make you giggle! Regardless of what you might be daydreaming about, I must continue. God gave them a miracle to set up for another miracle!! See, when Elizabeth was in her second trimester, God sent Gabriel to Mary to give her the big news, Luke 1:27&30-31 "The angel went to a virgin promised in marriage to a descendant of David named Joseph. The virgin's name was Mary. The angel told her, Don't be afraid, Mary. You have found favor with God. You will become pregnant, give birth to a son, and name him Jesus." From a woman who shouldn't have been able to become pregnant to a girl who shouldn't have become pregnant, God used these two impossible situations to bring salvation to you and me. Can you see how it took one miracle to set up for another miracle? John was used mightily to announce the soon and coming King! What a mighty God we serve. Impossibilities are God's favorite situations. Hang on to your hope in the Lord because He's setting up your miracle now and it just might be through someone right around the corner. Blessings from The B.I.G. Church, Pastor Dede

No comments: